The Reading Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where fans to go, to discuss their favourite books.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Empty
PostSubject: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:59 pm

This is a thread for the luxe series by Anna Godberson

Books for this Series
1. The Luxe
2. Rumours
3. Envy
4. Splendor

The Luxe Summary:
A big, sumptuous tale of catty girls, dark secrets and windswept romance unfurls in this compulsively readable novel of late-19th-century New York City socialites. Godbersen weaves a tenuous web of deceit, backstabbing and pretense that follows four teens: Elizabeth Holland, a prim and proper lady of old-money society, is betrothed to one man, though furtively loves another; Henry Schoonmaker, a debauched playboy who must marry Elizabeth or be disinherited; Diana Holland, Elizabeth’s younger sister who is in love with her fiancĂ©; and Penelope Hayes, a member of the nouveau riche who will stop at nothing to win Henry’s affections. As Elizabeth and Henry’s wedding approaches, the spectacle unfolds in a wondrously grandiose scene, making for a fun, though not entirely unexpected dĂ©nouement. A delicious new twist along the Gossip Girl vein, readers will clamor for this sharp, smart drama of friends, lovers, lies and betrayal.

Last edited by vampira69 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:02 pm

I don't know if anyone else has read this series also but its really addictive and i recommend it for everyone to read!
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:11 pm

I think i have seen this series in the bookstore, but i haven't read it.
Back to top Go down
https://thereadingroom.forumotion.com
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Its set in 1890 and it doesn't have all you supernatural stuff it does remind me of gossip girl but its so much better there type of society and more forbidden love lol
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:33 pm

You should get a description and post it in the OP, so its easier for people to understand the concept of the series.
Back to top Go down
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:38 pm

oo ok i will do that lol *gone*
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Thanks! Smile Just easier to understand what its about.
Back to top Go down
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 pm

yeah im crap explaining books haha
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:13 pm

I saw this book in the bookstore yesterday, i might get it from the library though, i don't know if i want to buy it unless i don't like it.
Back to top Go down
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:14 am

i bet u would like it *runs* but if u get it from the librbary ill squee wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:53 pm

Okay, i just requested the first book from the library Smile
Back to top Go down
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:19 am

i love jen Thud
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:39 am

Heh! I'll let you know what i think after i have read it. But it does sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
vampira69
Fanatic
vampira69

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 3:41 am

ok i have no doubt ull finish allt he books before me if u end up addicted to it as i am haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson   'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'The Luxe' Series by Anna Godberson
Page 1 of 1