The Reading Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where fans to go, to discuss their favourite books.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book

Go down 
+2
Daph
Stay to the Lights
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:07 am

Aww oh no poor Barrons Sad
Seems he lost a child at one point. .. i wonder why he let her into his mind at all, since he seems to not like it when she does.
Back to top Go down
https://thereadingroom.forumotion.com
Daph

Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:24 am

Chapter 26:

Mac and Barrons are in a car together, driving to someplace very slowly to avoid the IFPs that can now move. Mac asks about the little boy but Barrons doesn't say more.

When Mac finally woke up after her encounter with the Book the previous night, Kat was waiting for her downstairs. They'd found a very old lady that knows stuff about sidhe-seers and Fae in the country. That's were Barrons and Mac are heading, to meet Nana O'Reilly.

At the cottage, Kat is there, Mac goes in but Barrons can't enter, the lady doesn't want to, plus she's warded her whole house. She recognizes Mac as Isla's daughter. Mac is thrilled to know her mother's name and that Nana knew her. She asks a lot of questions.

Isla O'Conner was Haven Mistress, very powerful, she was best friend with Nana's daughter, Kayleigh. Nana says there were two prophecies, one promising hope, the other one pledging blight upon the earth and more. She says the Queen herself had placed the Book in the abbey and that some say that Isla was the one to set it free. Nana falls asleep and Mac goes into her head to see what her mom looked like. The old lady wakes up, frightened. Mac apologized and Barrons takes her back to Dublin.
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:30 am

So i guess thats Mac's thing? She can get into anyone's head, and it wasn't just barrons Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rachael

Rachael

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:37 am

Daph your amazing *hug*
Back to top Go down
Daph

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:59 am

I have to go but I'll be back with more later!!
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Admin
Admin
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:10 am

Oh dearest Barrons Shocked
this just blows my mind.. but he kinda seems very protective of Mac, I mean back in FF he didn't care if she lost her contentious out of pain when the book was close to her, and here he doesn't wanna get to close to it so Mac won't get hurt..
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 8:17 am

Yeah, things have definitely changed.
Back to top Go down
luvseric

luvseric

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:03 am

The plot thickens big time... I'm worried about the cliffhanger (OK, it's more like I'm actually freaking out ). I always thought that Barrons was "just" a super-powerful ancient druid, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I hope and pray that he'll be all right at the end of the series.

Question: does anybody remember if Mac saw the Unseelie King's palace in one of her dreams (well, nightmares) -- I think it was in Book 2? Doesn't she dream of a huge palace made of ice or something? I read The Immortal Highlander yesterday and that's how the Unseelie King's palace is described.

Question #2: I'm not even vaguely done reading the Highlander books... Do we know who/what Cruce is?

Question #3! Is the Unseelie King MIA just like the Fairy Queen, or is he dead? I don't remember! In Immortal Highlander they say he's "quite mad," so at that point it sounds like he's still around... But to tell the truth, I'm not sure if they were talking about him in the present or in the past tense. Sad

I have a feeling, once I'm done reading DF, thatI'll have to go back and re-read everything from the beginning (starting with the Highlander series!) ... But even if I take notes, I think it will still be very hard to keep track of everything... And something tells me we won't find out what Barrons is until pretty much the last page of Shadowfever (hoping he makes it that far).
Back to top Go down
https://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww112/Caporali_1962/
luvseric

luvseric

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Boy, am I Question Girl today...

Daph, are there any more mentions in the book of the runes Barrons tattoed on Mac after she was raped by the princes? I've been listening to the Dark Fever audiobook today, and at one point Mac says something like "there would be a day when I would be immune to V'lane, but that would happen at the cost of a piece of my soul." Mac becomes immune to V'lane (and the Unseelie Princes) because of the tattoos, right? Just wondering....
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:28 pm

That's an interesting question actually.
I wonder how she stopped from being Immune to V'Lane to having that being transferred over to Barrons.
Back to top Go down
Daph

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Hum... I guess your guesses are as good as mine, really... They don't mention those tatoos again, I'm even starting to wonder if that's really what happened...

As for all the questions about Cruce and the Unseelie King, I haven't read the Highlander series (I know! Shame on me!) yet, so I really don't know what to tell you... We don't find out in DF who/what is Cruce, that's for sure. The Unseelie Prison is described as icy and blue, black and white, no other colours. No description of the King's place though...
Back to top Go down
Daph

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Chapter 27:

Barrons says the visit to Nana was a waste of time, Mac disagrees, saying that she now knows her mom's name. He says names are an illusion. They banther. They get back to the garage and when they come out of the car, a loud noise comes from below. For the first time, Mac knows that thing under there is not Barrons since he's standing next to her. She asks what's down there, he doesn't answer. Then, Fiona speaks, she's been waiting for him to get back. She's still the LM's lover, coming to deliver a message from him to Mac. Barrons says that if Darroc wants Mac, he'll have to come and get her, that she is his. (awwwww!) Mac can see that Fiona still loves Barrons. Fiona says something about Barrons not telling Mac something, that he must be afraid. Barrons shoots a knife through her heart before she finishes her sentence (but Fiona won't die, because she's been eating Unseelie, she's just dead for a moment, lol).
Back to top Go down
Daph

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Chapter 28:

In the morning, Mac wakes up from one of her nightmares really cold. Going to get coffee, she overears Barrons arguing with someone over the phone. Apparently, his "men" don't want to do something. He calls Dublin his city. He thinks the LM is going to come to the store. Mac sees something in the bookstore's window, takes it and tells Barons that the LM is not coming. What she just took is the picture she left at her parents place earlier. It says: 1247 LaRuhe. Fifth Silver on the right. Bring the stones. If you bring Barrons, they both die. The LM has Mac's parents.

Mac and Barrons come up with a plan. Barrons doens't think it's a good one even though it came from him. Mac is to go alone, take a picture of the Silver so that Barrons will be able to track it and join her, and Ryodan and the other men are going to go in after her. Barrons tells Mac that if she comes out of this with her parents, the stones and Darroc dead, he will give her the bookstore.
Back to top Go down
luvseric

luvseric

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 6:51 pm

OMG, Daph!!!!! This is incredible stuff... Thank you!!!!

I'm also just getting started with the Highlander books... I only read one! I guess reading the rest and then rereading the Fever Series (and maybe also rereading all of the books all over again!) will keep us busy until Shadowfever comes out. Very Happy Can you imagine the wild speculations? They're pretty wild already all over the boards... They'll be getting waaaay wilder!
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Wow...

Aww he called her His!! Love that! Love

I wonder what is exactly under the garage, hm..
Why would he give her the bookstore, is it like a joke that he doesn't think she can do all he mentioned.. or he doesn't think he will be around for much longer? Sad
Back to top Go down
luvseric

luvseric

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 pm

Guinevere wrote:
Why would he give her the bookstore, is it like a joke that he doesn't think she can do all he mentioned.. or he doesn't think he will be around for much longer? Sad

I know! I had the same reaction... Freaky!!!! That one spells *foreshadowing* all over the place... But then I decided to go for the third door -- the one that says "Denial" -- and started telling myself that the bookstore is going to be his present to his future bride. Smile Totally delusional, I know, but I'm stubborn that way. Smile

Now, the question is... who's going to get lost in the mirror? affraid
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Admin
Admin
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:11 am

I wonder if Fiona makes any comments about knowing that JZB and Mac slept together.. like a LOT lol1
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 am

How would Fiona know that? Laughing
Back to top Go down
luvseric

luvseric

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:18 am

Cookie wrote:
I wonder if Fiona makes any comments about knowing that JZB and Mac slept together.. like a LOT lol1

LOL!!! And now she's the LM's mistress... Yikes! She knows so much about Barrons... She can do a *lot* of damage... and she may very well do that -- woman scorned and all that... No
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Admin
Admin
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:24 am

Guinevere wrote:
How would Fiona know that? Laughing
cause LM sure knows about it so it's only natural she knows as well lol1
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:46 am

Oh, that's right. He'd prob tease her about it.
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Admin
Admin
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:50 am

I wonder how he said she was his, and what was her reaction to that and what Fiona thought of it lol1
Back to top Go down
Stay to the Lights
Admin
Admin
Stay to the Lights

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:54 am

I know, i wonder about that too Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cookie
Admin
Admin
Cookie

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 6:18 am

ok I have one more question lol1

Karen kept saying she wrote her very best sex scene in DrF, but so far from what I've seen of chapter 4 there's no real sex scene described, yeah they do have a lot of loving but.. not really described. And in chapter 3 there's non that I'm getting from the recap AND in chapter 5 she gets back to herself.. so where the bloody hell is this mind blowing sex....?
Back to top Go down
Mushkah

Mushkah

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Well, in my opinion, the mind blowing sex...is the pri-ya state stuff, there is no sexing time after that, so idk! Razz

i just read the last 2 chapters again last night, i'm dying! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book   Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreamfever Spoilers & Teasers #1: Because we simply can't wait for the book
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next